Norfolk Freegle Terms and Conditions
Use of the Norfolk Freegle service is subject to terms and conditions. We know T&Cs can be boring but they are sadly essential, so here's a short, friendly summary. Full details of our T&Cs can be found beneath. Please also check out the tips for Safe Freegling.
Norfolk Freegle is an online service for giving away unwanted items to other people, to prevent waste - essentially it runs on goodwill, generosity, and cups of tea. Please use the site with this purpose in mind, in a way that keeps it a happy and friendly place for everyone, and behave as you'd like others to behave.
The service puts people in touch with one another. We don't see, test or guarantee any of the items that are passed on, and we don't vet members before joining. So please take the usual care and use common sense when using the service. The volunteer team is always on hand to help with any concerns.
We promise to take good care of your personal information. We won't pass it to anyone else, or use it to send you spam. We won't collect any more information from you than we need in order to run the site and let you personalise some aspects of it, but anything we do collect will be stored securely. We will track general statistics so we can report back to the organisations that funded our new site, and let them know how well we are doing - all statistics will be anonymous.
Norfolk Freegle is not specifically designed for children to use, but nor is it an "adults only" site. Junior Freegling under the common-sense supervision of a parent or guardian is very welcome - that's how we get the next generation!
Effectively, Norfolk Freegle is similar to a classified advertising service for private individuals. Items given away should be legal to own and pass on to others, but otherwise they are not subject to any of the regulations relating to advertising, selling or supplying goods. We ask anyone offering items that have age-restricted sales (e.g. DVDs, computer games, blades, solvents) to be responsible when choosing who to give them to.
In general, please follow all Freegle rules and guidelines in the spirit they are meant, rather than nit-picking over the details to find loopholes! :)
Terms & Conditions
Your access to & use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws.
Arrangements/Disputes with other Members – Your interaction with other members found through the website, including delivery or collection of goods, is solely between you and the other member and Norfolk Freegle shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of such arrangements.
Norfolk Freegle is under no obligation to become involved in any dispute between members. However, the volunteer team will endeavour to help members resolve disputes where possible, and you should let them know of any complaints.
Children – Norfolk Freegle is not designed for children and therefore would expect that any use by children would be supervised by parents or guardians.
Conduct – You agree not to post email or make available any content:
- Which impersonates any person or falsely states or misrepresents your relationship with any person
- That is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful or misinformative
- That is unlawful, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or objectionable
- That infringes any patent, trademark or copyright
- That constitutes any marketing, link referral code, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or unsolicited commercial advertisement
- That advertises any illegal services or items
- That contains any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- That disrupts the normal function of the site
You agree not to:
- Behave inconsiderately or rudely towards other members - in particular, do not miss agreed collection times
- Offer or request anything we list as a prohibited item
- Include in your messages anything listed at the bottom of our Offers & Requests page
- Contact anyone who asks not to be contacted
- Stalk or otherwise harass anyone
- Collect personal data
- Send unsolicited email advertisements (spam)
- Use automated means including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like to download data from the service. Exception is made for search engines and non-commercial archives that comply with our robots.txt file
- Attempt to gain access to Norfolk Freegle’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality, interferes with the performance, or impairs the functionality of Norfolk Freegle’s website
Content - You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the website are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the website. You understand that Norfolk Freegle does not control, and is not responsible for content made available through the website, and that by using the website, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Norfolk Freegle have the right and sole discretion (but not the obligation) to refuse, delete or move any content that is available by the service, for violating the letter or the spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
Cookies – If you tick the ‘Remember Me on this computer” option when you log in then you won’t have to log in again for the next week. This is done by storing a Cookie on your computer. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. The Norfolk Freegle cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you or your use of your computer.
Disclaimer - The information presented on this website is given in good faith and is subject to change without notice. The owners and volunteers are not responsible for any inaccuracies and the information given does not form any advice or recommendation.
Any arrangements made between the gifter and any third party are entirely your sole risk and responsibility. You are responsible for ensuring the safe and proper disposal of any waste covered by the Duty of Care and other relevant legislation.
Disclaimer of Warranties - Use of the Norfolk Freegle website is entirely at your own risk and without any warranties of any kind including without limitation, merchantability,
fitness for purpose and non infringement of proprietary rights.
The owners/moderators of the site cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information or contact details listed and reserve the right to remove any listings, records or members without warning or explanation.
Indemnity - You agree to indemnify and hold Norfolk Freegle and all those associated with running the service, harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party regarding your use of the service.
Limitations of Liability - Under no circumstances shall Norfolk Freegle be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from any aspect of your use of the Norfolk Freegle site.
Privacy - Information collection and use - We do not store your name but we do store the following information in order to help you use the site in the most efficient way –
- Postcode of any Location that you set up
- Email address
- Your email address is not revealed to other users of Norfolk Freegle, as all messages are exchanged via the site. The content of any such messages will be stored and may be used to resolve any complaint that may arise between you and another user.
Optionally you may record –
- Your full address and telephone number, in order to make it quicker to construct messages when you exchange items with other users.
We will not pass any information to third parties and will only contact you about the running of the site.
Security - We are committed to ensuring that the Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, you should be aware that the internet is not a secure medium and that we are unable to guarantee the security of Information which is transmitted to or from us via the internet.
Termination of Service – Norfolk Freegle has the right to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address or otherwise restrict your access to or use of the website immediately and without notice if Norfolk Freegle believe you have acted against the letter or the spirit of these Terms and Conditions.